>Yes, this is MY recipe. If you use it, please give me credit.
I’ve combed a few hundred recipes for chocolate martinis, and I think I’ve finally nailed it… Here’s the recipe with my own concoction/twist on the chocolate martini. Please do NOT substitute.
1. Prepare Dark chocolate syrup (or use really good stuff, like Hershey’s syrup (not sundae topping):
2 squares unsweetened chocolate, broken up
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons butter, cut in small pieces
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Put chocolate and water in a heavy medium saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring with a rubber spatula until chocolate has melted and blended with water, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Add sugar; continue cooking over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter until melted and blended. Stir in vanilla and serve immediately. Makes about 1 cup of chocolate sauce.
2. Chill martini glass with ice water
3. In shaker with ice mix the following:
1 part top shelf vodka
1 part Bailey’s Irish Cream
1 part Godiva White Chocolate Liquer
1 part Godiva Chocolate Liquer
1 part Creme de Cacao
2 parts half and half or heavy whipping cream
and MOST importantly, 1-2 DROPS of vanilla. Yes, this is important and don’t use that imitation crap either.
4. Empty martini glass and drizzle dark chocolate sauce inside the glass in a neat little pattern of your choice. Be creative and liberal.
5. Pour Martini and enjoy. It’s as smooth as silk and for you chocolate lovers, has depth and floral notes. Truly a wonderful drink!