None of us enjoy paying the absurd prices we have to pay for monthly cell phone service. Finally, there is a solution! Most networks have a feature allowing you to call a certain number of contacts, on any network for free, anytime. We’ll exploit this feature allowing you unlimited free cell minutes!
- Sign up for Google Voice – Google Voice allows you to consolidate multiple phone numbers, but it also allows you to make free calls! You can request an invitation to Google Voice to sign up for the service.
- Once you’ve signed up, adjust your settings as shown in the picture above. This displays your Google Voice number on all calls, enabling free calls.
- Depending on your carrier, this still will vary
Verizon: Currently they offer a friends and family plan allowing you to pick 5 to 10 numbers you can call for free.
AT&T: A new feature for AT&T, the “A-list” is just like Verizon’s offer, allowing you to call 5 to 10 numbers for free.
T-Mobile: myFaves is T-Mobile’s version, allowing you to call 5 numbers for free.
Sprint: Sprint created a similar service called Pick 3 which may only be available to some customers.
- That’s it! Just add your Google Voice number to your carrier’s free calling plans to access unlimited free calling!
Definitely an incredibly useful hack with potential to save you a ton of money. For more cell phone hacks, check out our favorites below:
Our Favorite Cell Phone Hacks:
- How to Make your own Ringtones
- How to Shutdown your Computer with a Cell Phone
- Email Text Messages to AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, etc.